Who we are
The Jewish Seniors Citizen’s Centre is proud to have been serving Edmonton Seniors for over 65 years.
In 1982, we also started to provide weekly programming for Jewish immigrants from the former Soviet Union, most of whom are holocaust survivors. This program is known as The Sunday Club here participants can talk in Russian, Yiddish and English.
We are a registered charitable, non-profit organization.
- Any person 50 years or older is welcome to join our Centre.
- Our membership year is from September 1st to August 31st.
- Annual membership dues are $30. Lifetime individual memberships are available for $300.
- After June 1st persons joining the Centre for the first time will have their membership extended to cover the following year (15 months)
To become a member or renew your membership please call the Centre at 780 488 4241
The Jewish Seniors Citizen’s Centre provides health, wellness, recreational, nutritional, social and educational programs and services to seniors.
The Jewish Seniors Citizen’s Centre is here to enrich, enlighten and support the lives of seniors.
- We believe in the value of each individual by supplying them with a place to go for support, sustenance, fellowship and stimulation
- We believe that the Jewish Senior Citizen’s Centre encourages and supports intercultural and intergenerational fellowship
- We believe in maintaining our Jewish tradition which includes education, music and fellowship
- We believe that our Jewish elders’ diverse backgrounds and varied heritage and customs must be preserved
- We believe in promoting and providing opportunities for volunteerism and innovation
- We believe in the sustainability and continuance of the Jewish Senior Citizen’s Centre
Executive Director: Svetlana Pavlenko
Executive Assistant: Maya Feldman
Chef: Bozena Szopiak